01 February 2008

Manuel Antonio, My school





So, Jody left me! On my own from here on out. I took a bus from the osa peninsula to manual antonio. 9 hours! no air! and my huge bag had to sit on my lap :( Eh. I survived.

Anyways, made it to the school! Escuela D´Amore. The place is beautiful. The school is perched on a hillside surrounded by forest and tropical gardens. Iguanas, snakes, monkeys, birds and butterflies are the norm. The classrooms are all outside, complete with hammocks. Right up the road from the beach. Cant really complain. Not a bad place to be for a month.

After my first day of class i was placed with my host family. Margarita! A cute lil old lady who is also a pretty damn good cook. Good thing because she is going to be cooking me breakfast and dinner for the next 30 days! She comes complete with 3 grandchildren and a 5 foot iguana. Iggy. I have my own room but we share a bathroom with extremely cold water. fucking COLD!! Oh yeah, and i live in a barrio outside of Quepos, a shady port town. My hood is called Boca Vieja. Not the safest place, but, it will do. Thank god the food is good.

No comments: