31 January 2008

Kayaking the Gulfo Dulce, Osa Peninsula






Jody and I decided to do some ocean kayaking for our last adventure together. And yes, it was quite the adventure!!! We met this guy Tony from california who took us out for a discounted fare. I guess we charmed him. First we kayaked thru mangroves and about five minutes into the mangroves is when i realized that i hate mangroves. Hot, sticky and full of bugs! I got attacked and in my attempt from keeping them out of my ear canals and from going up my nostrels i knocked off my sunglasses! Yep, gone, at the bottom of a mangrove swamp. R.I.P Ray Ban. Its coo...i have another pair. Anyways, after the service we hopped over an isthmus and we came upon the beautiful emerald green golfo dulce and did some sea kayaking and snorkeling. It was amazing! We kayaked about a half a mile out to sea and dove right in. Ive never been that far out to sea. Kinda scary. I got to swim with a school of fishies!!! Saw a starfish, some crazy thing with massive tenticles and i think i found nemo!!!!

No comments: